Audrey Hepburn !!

One thing I've been doing on my time off is getting inspired by watching old movies and getting a little visual overload. It's important to spend time soaking visually sometimes. One person that always inspired me is Audrey Hepburn. I found it really interesting to read her biographical information and find that she was a child during the Nazi occupation of her country and used to carry messages to the 'good guys' in her shoes. Also, she spent many days at that time suffering with lack of food and would spend time in bed during the day reading to deal with hunger pangs.



She has such style and grace and I felt like these things explained a lot to me. After her Hollywood career into her later years, she took time to be involved in trips to many nations on behalf of charities involved in helping children suffering as she did. She was a great mother and wife and seemed to age with beauty and charm...always vital and happy. She was a great gardener in her later years as well...which endeared me to her as well.



I found some new and lovely shots of her around the web to show a few different sides of her that we usually see. My favorite Audrey movie is "How to Steal a Million". I love seeing her in the little car zooming around Paris and in her scrubwoman gear. Many thanks to lovely and gracious women like Audrey Hepburn who helped shape the courageous and beautiful ideals of women for me. You were amazing!