So What Have I Been Up To ? ...It's Complicated ...

With a handful of blogger blogs and a couple of selling sites, my life is usually busy. But the last few months, really all of 2016 have been complicated to put it mildly.



I moved.
I tried to set up a wordpress site with a shopping cart to get my website costs down.
I mostly gave up on etsy, except to visit the forums for inspiration and a sense of community.
I had multiple real life things that were way more important than sewing/selling/blogging happen.
I stopped creating new designs and rethought my strategy to decide if I want to be a hobbyist, small        business or give up entirely. Not sure still. Maybe a line of casual things for a while.
I decided to focus on life and people for awhile.



The long and short of it is that small business and even hobby design businesses can be time consuming and overwhelming. You can lose focus in your 'real life' and things start to falter. So I've been pulling back.



What about my designing, you might wonder ? For now, I'm just trying to decide what part it plays in my life, if any. I go by my rows of dresses, my machines and fabric and wonder if I still want to give myself to this anymore. Don't know.....



No comments :

Post a Comment