Mrs Darcy Ballgown Wedding Dress

One of my favorite all time movies is the Pride and Prejudice movie with Keira Knightley. I love the whole thing, and the fashion is inspiring. I've been working on a few gowns lately that have a Mrs. Darcy inspiration.



The character of Elizabeth Bennet, played by Keira Knightley and her sisters, especially her eldest sister Jane (played by Rosamund Pike) have a soft, lyrical beauty that is romantic fashion at it's best.



Not really trying to recreate the fashion, or to be historically correct, but simply creating an expression of the fashion from the movie in particular, and the years just before and after that era.



I like the era in that it was a transition from two very distinct periods with distinct styles, and seemed to embody a bit of both, with a difference.

I'm planning to do a series of gowns based in that era. I've also been fascinated with flapper and Roaring Twenties styles, as well and have been creating a few gowns with that in mind lately...but more on that in another post!